Project 'Growing Seed Savers' has made an educational program - a curriculum - to save seeds from heritage plants. This was developed by the participating NGO ‘Danish Seed Savers’, which has more than 30 years’ experience in preserving and sharing seeds and knowledge of heritage plants.
The following materials were developed:
- A guide to lecturers and a lesson-plan in English.
This has been transferred and used by the NGOs for courses in seed saving. All adapted it to their national needs. Read the Estonian, Lithuanian, Latvian, and Danish versions.
- An English guide to seed saving building on a book written by the Danish Seed Savers. This was translated into Estonian, Latvian, and Lithuanian.
- Two slide shows were made to support the teaching, one about the basics of seed saving, and one about garden history.
The educational program is now used by the Baltic NGOs (EE: Maadjas, LV: Latvian Permaculture Society, LT: Institute of Natural Agriculture) to teach more people saving seeds and growing heritage plants.
The following seed saver educations were arranged
- Introduction to seed saving, 3.2.2019 in Slangerup, Denmark
- Seed saving course 15.-18.02.2019 in Ringsted, Denmark
- Seed saving course 31.07.2019 in Jyderup, Denmark
- Seed saving course 17-18.8.2019 in Külaoru, Võrumaa, Estonia
- Seed saving course 5.10.2019 in Mõisamaa, Raplamaa, Estonia
- Seed saving course 25.-26.01.2020 in Ikskile, Latvia. Additional materials from the Latvian seed saving course.
- Seed saving course 01-02.02.2020 in Vilnius. Lithuania